If you suffer from tooth decay and cavities, visit us for quick and effective dental fillings treatment in Charlotte, NC. Dental fillings can help seal out decay after infection has been removed from a tooth and the area has been cleaned. We provide comprehensive general dental services for all ages.
Signs of Tooth Decay
There are multiple signs that may arise when tooth decay is present:
- Tooth sensitivity
- Staining on tooth enamel
- Pain when biting or chewing
- Pain when eating hot or cold foods
If you have noticed any of these symptoms, call the Stewart Dental Group at 704-255-4256. You may need a root canal and dental filling to remove and seal out tooth decay.
Types of Dental Fillings
There are many types of dental fillings that offer different benefits to patients often depending on their placement. Common types of dental fillings include:
- Amalgam Fillings: Also called “silver” fillings, amalgam fillings are the standard filling material. They are durable, easy to apply, and are a great economical option for patients.
- Composite Resin Fillings: Also known as “white” fillings, composite resin fillings are color-matched to existing teeth for a natural-looking and long-lasting restoration. The composite resin material seals teeth and prevents future decay or infection.
- Gold Fillings: Gold fillings are a good option for larger back teeth as they provide a strong biting surface and durability.
- Porcelain Fillings: Porcelain fillings reflect light for a natural looking and stain resistant result.
- Inlays and Onlays: Inlays and onlays are made from high quality ceramic or porcelain and blend in with teeth.
Treatment with Dental Fillings
Decay and any compromised tooth structure will be removed prior to treatment with dental fillings. The chosen filling material will be adhered and possibly sculpted to teeth. Air abrasion may be used on tooth restorations with composite fillings to help remove decay from teeth without using a dental drill.
Request a Dental Exam
Do you think you may have cavities or tooth decay? Call the Stewart Dental Group for treatment today at 704-255-4256. You can also schedule an appointment with us online today. We aim to create a warm and friendly environment for patients when they visit our Charlotte, NC office. Our professional team make it their mission to provide comfortable dental care to patients of all ages.