Porcelain veneers are a staple of cosmetic dentistry at Stewart Dental Group. These ultra-thin, high-quality ceramic veneers go over the outside of your teeth to fix a variety of issues. But which problems can be fixed with this treatment? Take our quiz to find out how much you know.
Take Our Quiz on What Porcelain Veneers Can Fix
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix discolored teeth.
- True or False: Chipped teeth can be fixed with porcelain veneers.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can close gaps in teeth.
- True or False: Porcelain veneers can fix crooked or misshapen teeth.
- True or False: Your smile can be evened out with porcelain veneers.
- True. Porcelain veneers are often used for tooth discoloration. They can be placed on just singular teeth or multiples. If you’re only covering one tooth, you can get the veneer color-matched to the rest of your smile to make it look more natural.
- True. If you have a superficial chipped tooth, porcelain veneers can be used to fix it. As long as nothing is wrong with the tooth root or structure, veneers are a great choice. It’ll look like the chip never happened!
- True. While porcelain veneers can’t actually move your teeth, they can be used to close up gaps. They go over your teeth and can be filed and shaped to look like natural teeth are closing the gap.
- True. Again, veneers can’t actually move or rotate any crooked teeth. But if they aren’t painful, veneers can be used to cover them. They can go on the surface of the misshapen tooth and make it look like it’s naturally straight.
- True. If your teeth look like they’re different lengths, veneers can help. Sometimes teeth can get worn down from grinding. They may not always wear down at the same pace. Veneers can be used to make your teeth even again. They’re shaped to the length you want.
The Benefits of Porcelain Veneers
As you can see, porcelain veneers can take care of a wide variety of dental issues. But that’s not all they have going for them. They’re a solution that looks and feels much like your natural teeth. They don’t require any special maintenance. You just have to keep up a brushing and flossing routine, along with regular dental checkups.
Porcelain veneers also have the benefit of being durable. They’re designed to be a long-term solution for your dental issues. Veneers can last from 10-20 years depending on how well they’re taken care of. The material they’re made out of is also great at resisting stains. You can still drink coffee and tea without worrying that they’ll stain as long as you maintain daily oral hygiene and routine dental care.
Porcelain Veneers in Charlotte, NC
Stewart Dental Group has experienced dentists that are trained in the art of placing custom porcelain veneers. Call us today or schedule an appointment online!